Facebook, Twitter, and other social media have become ubiquitous in the workplace, with a staggering 75 percent of employees using social media at work. But employers face a great deal of uncertainty about what restrictions on social media use are permissible – and which could get them into trouble.
On Thursday, March 26 at 12 p.m. EST, Reed Smith attorneys Joel Barras, Cindy Schmitt Minniti, and Keri Bruce will present a webinar: “Beyond the Water Cooler: Managing the Risks of Social Media in the Workplace.” They’ll address practical steps for managing the risks of social media in the workplace.
- The NLRB’s recent decisions on social media use, and what they mean for union and non-union employers
- Tips for drafting enforceable electronic-use policies
- Use of social media in employment decisions
- Determining whether an employee’s social media activity is legally protected
- What to do when an employee goes rogue on social media
This webinar is part of Reed Smith’s ongoing series, "What Employers Need To Know in 2015." We invite employers to register here.