We invite our blog readers to attend a free one-hour seminar on Thursday, December 1: “The (Over) Time is Now.” Reed Smith attorney Miriam Edelstein will join a panel to discuss the Department of Labor’s new overtime rules. The program will be held at the headquarters of Namely (the HR, Payroll, and Benefits platform provider) in New York City.
Unprecedented rule changes from the Department of Labor are set to give millions of employees access to overtime. These changes aside, the DOL estimates that over 70 percent of employers are in violation of existing rules already.
On December 1—the same day that the rules formally take effect—Namely will host a panel of human resources leaders from leading NYC businesses and legal experts to weigh in on the new rules’ impact and implementation. Topics include:
- Navigating the nuances and potential pitfalls of the duties test
- Training recently reclassified employees—and their managers
- Budgeting for future changes and making compensation decisions
- How to have reclassification discussions with employees
- Preserving workplace flexibility post-overtime rule
- November’s historic election results, and their potential impact on the rule
Come hear from leading industry experts and network with other local professionals. Food and drinks will be provided.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EST
195 Broadway 11th Floor
New York, New York 10007